zoom inside main image
| | Part #: smart488
Price:£160.00 / €203.20 (Plus VAT at 20%)
Warranty: 6 Months
The Alciom Smart488 USB to GPIB/IEEE488 Interface is easy to use - it just plugs into your PC's USB port
- Plug'n'play installation.
- Transparent mode, for an immediate dialog with one GPIB equipment.
- Addressed mode, for a dialog with a given equipment on a bus (up to 3 pieces of equipment).
- GPIB controller, with listener and talker functions.
- Seen as a virtual serial port from the PC.
- Powered from the USB interface, requires less than 100mA.
- Numerous configuration parameters for advanced users.
- Possible on-site firmware update through USB.
- Shielded housing, high immunity to EMC perturbations.
- Electronics embedded inside an industrial grade IEEE488 connector.
- Built in 2 metre shielded USB cable.
- Monochip design, for a maximum reliability.
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Linux compatible (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Compatible with the vast majority of GPIB equipment.
- IEEE488.2 and USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
The Alciom smart488 GPIB interface acts as a GPIB controller with listener and talker functions and is seen as a virtual serial port from the host PC.
There is no need to scrap your existing test equipment with a GPIB / IEEE488 interface. You can now control these expensive items from your own desktop PC or Laptop by using the smart488 USB to GPIB converter.
Simple to UseYou just need to ensure that you configure your existing GPIB software to treat the smart488 as a virtual COM port and set the GPIB address to 1.
The smart488 is ideal for connecting to single instruments on the GPIB interface.