4-20 mA R Click Board
The 4-20mA R Click Board from MikroE is an accessory board that provides a simple solution to add 4-20mA industry standard communication protocol to your design. Offered in a compact package, this click board is intended to serve as a receiver in a 4-20mA current loop standard. It receives output current (4-20mA) from transmitter and changes it into a voltage ranging from 0.4V to 2V. The voltage is then converted into a 12-bit data signal in the MCP3201 Analog-to-Digital convertor.
It communicates with the target board microcontroller through MikroBUS SPI (SDO, SCK, CS) and EN lines. The 4-20mA R click board has a voltage output INA196 current shunt monitor, 12-bit resolution MCP3201 ADC and a high-frequency TPS61041 boost converter. It also features on-board screw terminal meant for easy connection. A complete 4-20mA current loop standard can be formed with the combination of this add-on receiver board with the 4-20mA T click board.
Ideal for using in field of industrial process control and test systems, this 4-20mA Click Board works as an interface between sensors or instruments attached to microcontroller. It is designed to use either 3.3V or 5V power supply, selectable via SMD jumper (in 3.3V position by default). An LED indicates the presence of power supply.
- 4-20mA Current Loop Receiver
- Receives output current from transmitter and converts into a voltage
- MCP3201 12-bit ADC
- Communication with SPI interface
- 3.3V or 5V power supply
- Easy integration
- On-board screw terminals
- Compact package with clear silk screen markings
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
- INA196 Current Shunt Monitor: This high-speed current shunt monitor with voltage output can sense drops across shunts at common-mode voltages from âˆ’16V to +80V, independent of the INA196 supply voltage.
- MCP3201 12-bit ADC: Combining performance and low power consumption, MCP3201 can be added to any PIC microcontroller. It features 100k samples/second, 1 input channel, and low power consumption (5nA typical standby, 400
- 4-20mA R Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!