4-20 mA T Click Board
The 4-20mA T Click Board from MikroE is an accessory board to provide an easy solution to add 4-to-20mA industry standard communication protocol to the user design. Offered in a small package, this click board is intended to serve as a transmitter in a 4-20mA current loop standard. It receives the input digital signal from the host microcontroller and sets the output loop current (4-20mA). The 4-20mA T click board has an ADuM1411 Quad-channel digital isolator, 12-bit single channel MCP4921 DAC and a XTR116 4-20mA current loop transmitter. It also features on-board screw terminal meant for easy connection. 4-20mA T click communicates with the target board microcontroller through MikroBUS SPI (SDO, SCK, CS) and EN lines. A complete 4-20mA current loop standard can be formed with the combination of this add-on transmitter board with the 4-20mA R click board.
It is designed to use either 3.3V or 5V power supply. An LED denotes the status of power supply.
Ideal for using in field of industrial process control and test systems, this 4-20mA click board functions as an interface between sensors or instruments attached to microcontroller. It is designed to use either 3.3V or 5V power supply. An LED denotes the status of power supply.
- 4-20mA Current Loop Transmitter
- Receives input digital signal from microcontroller and sets the output loop current
- Galvanic isolation provided through an ADuM1411 optocoupler
- Communication with SPI interface
- Supported in all mikroElektronika compilers
- 3.3V or 5V power supply
- Easy integration
- Compact package with silk screen markings
- RoHS compliant
- ADUM1411 Quad-Channel Digital Isolator: ADUM1411 is a four-channel digital isolator that combines high speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technologies to provide outstanding performance. It uses the iCoupler digital interface, which removes the design difficulties, commonly associated with optocoupler devices.
- MCP4921 12-bit Voltage Output D/A Converter: MCP4921 is a single channel 12-bit DAC that uses external voltage reference (VREF). Designed to provide high accuracy and low power consumption, it works great for consumer and industrial applications. Also, the small package and low power consumption options make these devices an ideal choice for portable and battery-powered applications.
- XTR116 4-20mA Current Loop Transmitter: XTR116 is a precision current output converter that allows transmission of analog 4-to-20mA signals over an industry standard current loop. It delivers precise current scaling and output current limit functions.
Two SMD Jumpers
4-20mA T click allows user to select either a 3.3V or 5V power supply using a zero-ohm J1 SMD jumper. This jumper is soldered to 3.3V by default.
- 4-20 mA T Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!