Altitude Click Board
The Altitude Click Board from MikroE is an accessory board that enables the user to precisely measure altitude with 30cm resolution. The board employs a compact MPL3115A2 piezoresistive absolute pressure sensor that works with an embedded high-resolution 24-bit ADC to provide accurate pressure (Pascals)/altitude (metres) and temperature (??C) measurement. It features a wide operating range of 20 kPa to 110 kPa absolute pressure.
- Based on the NXP MPL3115A2 MEMS pressure sensor
- Pressure range: 20 to 110 kPa
- 20-bit altitude measurement (metres), 12-bit temperature measurement
- Compensated, direct reading (software not required)
- I2C digital output interface
- Uses a 3.3V power supply
- Direct reading: Pressure: 20-bit; Altitude: 20-bit; Temperature: 12-bit
- Programmable interrupts
- Embedded 32-Sample FIFO
- 1 second to 9 hour data acquisition rate
- Operating temperature from -40
- RoHS compliant
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: MPL3115A2 Digital Pressure Sensor
MPL3115A2 is a fully internally compensated MEMS pressure sensor that communicates via I2C interface to deliver precise Pressure/Altitude and Temperature data. It provides digitized output using a 24-bit ADC. The resolution is down to 30 cm (1.5 Pa).
Autonomous Data Acquisition
MPL3115A2 pressure sensor aboard the Altitude click has an integrated 32-sample FIFO buffer that allows user to minimize the overhead of collecting multiple data samples. The FIFO buffer is capable of storing temperature and pressure/altitude data, and MPL3115A2 chip can be programmed to collect data independently at set intervals and store it in the buffer for up to 12 days depending on data acquisition rate, which can range from 1 second to 9 hours. .
Areas of Application
MPL3115A2 sensor is an ideal solution for smart phones/tablets, personal electronics altimetry, GPS systems, weather station equipment, and medical/healthcare equipment like blood pressure monitors, ventilators and respirators, infusion pumps, etc.
- Altitude Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!