Ambient 2 Click Board
The Ambient 2 Click Board carries TI??s OPT3001 Ambient Light sensor. It??s a small (2mm x 2mm) single-chip lux meter that measures only the visible part of the light spectrum from any kind of source (mimicking the way humans see light).
- Based on the TI OPT3001 device
- Measures the visible light spectrum
- I2C communication interface
- 0.01 lux to 83k lux range
- 23-bit resolution
- Approximates light perceived by human eye
- 3.3V power supply
- Automatic full-scale setting feature
- Operating Temperature Range:
- Wide Power-Supply Range: 1.6V to 3.6V
- Flexible Interrupt System
- Small-Form Factor: 2.0 mm
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: OPT3001 Digital Ambient Light Sensor
OPT3001 is a visible light intensity measurement sensor. Its spectral response matches the photopic response of the human eye and deflects 99% of the infrared light, and thus, accurately measures intensity of light as visible by the human eye regardless of light source. It is highly suitable for systems that create light-based experiences for humans, and serves as a preferred replacement for photodiodes, photoresistors, or other ambient light sensors with less human eye matching and IR rejection feature. .
Less Strain on Human Eye
Ambient 2 click is capable to lessening eyestrain as the click's sensitivity to light matches with that of a human eye. It makes the board a great option for TFT display backlights, which fine-tunes brightness depending on the ambient light intensity. .
Less Strain on the Microcontroller
Ambient 2 click also reduces the strain on the microcontroller. The board has an INT pin, which aids in triggering wake-up events. So, the microcontroller doesn't constantly read off the data from the sensor. .
- Ambient 2 Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)