Battery Boost Shield
Bring autonomous power supply and mobility to the MikroMedia board with the Battery Boost Shield. Designed to be pin-compatible with a range of MikroMMB boards, this expansion board features a MCP1640 step-up DC-DC regulator. This compact, high-efficiency converter provides easy-to-use power supply solution for battery powered devices, such as MikroMMB for PIC18FJ, PIC24, dsPIC33 and PIC32. The board provides autonomous power supply using two AAA batteries. The Battery Boost Shield has a MCP1640 IC that provides an output voltage 4V DC and output current ~300mA. The board features two battery holders, power ON/OF jumper and a convenient prototyping area which can be used for placing your additional components. The shield comes with two easy-to-use male-female 1x26 connectors. The pinout and shape of Battery Boost identically matches the pinout and shape of all the MikroMedia boards with a green PCB.
With these features, Battery Boost Shield is an ideal choice for personal medical products, wireless sensors, handheld instruments, GPS receivers, Bluetooth headsets, and products that use one-, two- and three- cell alkaline, NiCd, NiMH, one-cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries.
- Based on the MCP1640 step-up DC/DC regulator
- Prototyping area can be used for placing additional components
- Sockets for two AAA Batteries
- Adjustable output voltage range: 2.0V to 5.5V
- Compatible with all MikroMedia boards (PIC18FJ, PIC24, dsPIC33, PIC32)
- Up to 96% typical efficiency
- Additional connection pins for easier and cleaner connections.
- Power jumper as an ON/OFF switch
- Internal synchronous rectifier
- Over-temperature protection
- Simple integration using provided male and female 1x26 connectors.
- Cost-effective solution
IC/Module: MCP1640 Synchronous Boost Regulator
MCP1640 is a compact, synchronous step-up DC-DC converter with up to 96% typical efficiency, capable of low start-up voltage and delivers high efficiency over a wide load range for battery powered applications. MCP1640 chip uses a +4.0V power supply voltage at about 300mA.
Low-voltage Technology; High Efficiency
The Battery Boost Shield is based on a low-voltage technology that allows the regulator to start-up without high inrush current or output voltage overshoot from a low 0.65V input. The integration of the low resistance N-Channel Boost switch and synchronous P-Channel switch ensures high efficiency. .
Bettery Boost Shield User Manual
- Battery Boost Shield (1)
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!