BEE Click Board™
A new add-on board for communication, the MikroE BEE Click Board™ employs the Microchip MRF24J40MA 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 radio transceiver module. MRF24J40MA module includes integrated crystal, internal voltage regulator, matching circuitry and PCB antenna. It operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band and is FCC, IC and ETSI compliant. BEE Click Board™ is an ideal solution for wireless networks, smart home and building automation, and other electronic applications that require wireless communication. The board is connected to the microcontroller through a SPI interface and is provided with a 3.3V power supply only. BEE Click Board™ supports ZigBee, MiWi, MiWi P2P and proprietary wireless networking protocols with data rates of 250 kbps (IEEE 802.15.4) and 625 kbps (Turbo mode).
- Based on the MRF24J40MA 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 radio transceiver
- Complete embedded wireless solution
- Integrated PCB antenna
- Up to 400 ft. range (outdoor, line-of-sight)
- Supports ZigBee, MiWi, MiWi P2P and proprietary wireless networking protocols
- Data rate: 250 kbps (IEEE 802.15.4); 625 kbps (Turbo mode)
- Integrated 20 MHz and 32.768 kHz crystal oscillator circuitry
- Uses 3.3V power supply only
- SPI communication interface
- Operating Voltage: 2.4-3.6V (3.3V typical)
- Temperature Range: -40
- Small size; surface mountable
- RoHS compliant
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: MRF24J40MA 2.4 GHz IEEE Std. 802.15.4 RF Transceiver Module
MRF24J40MA is a complete 2.4 GHz IEEE Std. 802.15.4 compliant surface mount module with integrated PCB antenna and matching circuitry. It interfaces with many popular microcontrollers using a 4-wire serial SPI interface and can be easily integrated into the final product. The MRF24J40MA module is compatible with Microchip's ZigBee, MiWi and MiWi P2P software stacks.
Note: BEE Click is designed to operate on a 3.3V power supply only. To add MRF24J40MA's function to a 5V system, the user is advised to opt for EasyBee 3 board. EasyBee 3 is not in mikroBUS form; it connects to two IDC10 ports via ribbon cables.
- BEE Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)