BLE P Click Board
The BLE P Click from MikroE is a compact add-on board intended to add a peripheral Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) device to your design. The.
- Based on nRF8001 IC
- Fully qualified Bluetooth Smart v4.0 Connectivity IC
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Simple serial interface (Application Controller Interface)
- On-chip DC/DC regulator
- PCB trace antenna
- Built-in stack
- Cost-effective solution
- Additional UART input and output pins (RXD and TXD)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85
- Compatible with open-source BLE Android app
- Uses a 3.3V power supply only
IC/Module: nRF8001 Single Chip Bluetooth Low Energy IC
nRF8001, a highly integrated Bluetooth Smart Connectivity IC, has a simple serial interface that supports a wide range of external application microcontrollers. It is designed with a fully compliant Bluetooth Smart v4.0 Radio, Link Layer, and Host stack. With low power consumption, it is specifically designed for Bluetooth Smart applications that operate in the peripheral (slave) role.
BLE Android App
An open-source android app has been developed that works on all devices with hardware and software support for BLE. The users can use this app as a starting point for developing their own apps.
The stack aboard the BLE P Click has a low energy PHY layer, low energy link layer slave, low energy host for devices in the peripheral role and an Application Controller Interface (ACI).
PCB trace antenna
BLE P Click features a PCB trace antenna that works in 2400-2483.5 MHz frequency band. It has a maximum device range up to 40 meters in open space.
- BLE P Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)