CAN SPI Click Board 5V
The CAN SPI 5V Click Board is a highly reliable communication board intended to add serial CAN connectivity to user microcontroller with SPI interface. The 5V version is exclusively designed for communication on 5V microcontrollers. The accessory click board features MCP2551, high-speed CAN transceiver that serves as the interface between a CAN protocol controller and the physical bus. The CAN transceiver circuit provides a CAN serial communication physical layer in accordance with the ISO 11898 standard. The board has screw terminals to ensure easy and secure connectivity, power LED, and node termination jumper. It supports connection with up to 112 nodes. Designed to operate in especially-harsh environments, CAN SPI click 5V provides cross-wire protection, loss-of-ground and over-voltage protection, over-temperature protection, as well as wide common-mode range. It uses a 5V power supply only.
CAN SPI click 5V is an ideal choice for industrial automation, home automation, as well as in automotive and mobile machine industry.
Note: To add CAN SPI function to a 3.3V system, see the CAN SPI Click 3.3V board.
- Based on the MCP2551 CAN transceiver circuit
- In accordance with the ISO 11898 standard
- Up to 112 nodes can be connected
- Screw terminals for easy connectivity; power LED; node termination jumper
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
- Supports 1 Mb/s operation
- Low current standby operation
- Automatic thermal shutdown protection
- Affordable solution; compact design
- Temperature ranges: Industrial (I): -40
- Uses 5V power supply only
IC/Module: MCP2551 CAN Transceiver
MCP2551 is a high-speed CAN transceiver with SPI interface that provides differential transmit and receive capability for the CAN protocol controller. Fully compatible with the ISO-11898 standard, it is capable of operating at speeds of up to 1 Mb/s. It exhibits high-noise immunity due to differential bus implementation.
Node Termination Jumper
In the CAN network, if the CAN SPI click board is the first and the last node, then.
J2 jumper should be placed. On the other hand, if the board is a node in the middle, jumper should be removed. .
- CAN SPI 5V Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)