EEPROM 3 Click Board
The EEPROM 3 Click Board™ provides 2 Mbit (2,097,152 bits) of Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory, organized in bytes. In other words, this Click Board™ is an EEPROM memory medium with the capacity of 256 KB. The used EEPROM module has outstanding endurance, with 1,000,000 write cycles and data retention period of over 100 years. The EEPROM module on this Click Board™ features Schmitt trigger inputs for better noise protection, self-timed write cycles, it has a dedicated write protect pin for hardware protection of stored data, and error detection and correction logic scheme that ensures reliable data output, staying transparent to the host controller.
- Based on the AT24CM02 serial EEPROM with 256 KB of memory (Internally Organized 262,144 x 8)
- I2C-compatible serial interface
- Two devices can be connected on the same I2C bus
- High reliability: Million write cycles, 100 years data retention
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
- 3.3V or 5V power supply
- Random and sequential read modes
- Bidirectional data transfer protocol
- All Write operations complete within 10ms max
- 256-byte page write mode
- Built-in error detection and correction
- Affordable price
- RoHS compliant
IC/Module: AT24CM02 I2C-Compatible Serial EEPROM
The AT24CM02 module by Atmel provides 262,144 x 8 bits of serial EEPROM. The cascadable feature facilitates up to two devices to share a common 2-wire bus. This I2C-compatible AT24CM02 has byte and page Write speeds equal or less than 10 ms. It is well-suited for use in many industrial and commercial applications.
The I2C interface operates at 100 kHz in standard mode (1.7V to 5.5V), 400 kHz in fast mode (1.7 to 5.5V) and 1 MHz in fast mode plus (FM+), 2.5V to 5.5V.
EEPROM 3 Click features on-board zero-ohm SMD jumper that enables the user to select between a power supply source (3.3V or 5V). Another jumper, ADD, allows for selecting the I2C address.
EEPROM 2 Vs EEPROM 3
The I2C interface compatible EEPROM 3 Click (1 MHz in fastest mode) is not as fast as the SPI-compatible EEPROM 2 Click (5 MHz speed). But it has the benefit of selectable addresses. On soldering the ADD jumpers in opposite positions, the user can use both simultaneously on the same I2C bus line, giving a total of 512 KB of memory.
- EEPROM 3 Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)