Expand 2 Click Board
The EXPAND 2 Click Board is an accessory board in mikroBUS form factor. It includes a 16-bit I/O expander MCP23017 with I?C clock speeds up to 10 MHz for higher throughput applications.
- Based on the MCP23017
- 16-bit input/output port expander with interrupt output
- Allow cascading up to 8 devices on one bus
- Configurable interrupt source
- 16 GPIO pins divided into two 8-bit ports
- Selectable hardware address using SMD jumpers
- Can be used on 3.3V or 5V systems
- I2C clock speeds: 100 kHz, 400 kHz, or 1.7 MHz
- Easy integration
- RoHS Compliant
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: MCP23017 Port Expander
MCP23017 is a 16-bit remote bidirectional I/O port expander with configurable interrupt output pins. The 16 I/O port bits are divided into two 8-bit ports (marked HD1 and HD2). It has I2C clock speeds of 100 kHz, 400 kHz, or 1.7 MHz for higher throughput applications. .
Expand 2 click Vs Expand click?
Expand 2 click is introduced as the sequel to the original Expand click. Expand 2 click uses MCP23017 expander whereas the original version includes the MCP23S17 chip. The only feature that differentiates these two versions is the use of I2C communication interface, instead of SPI. .
SMD JumpersExpand 2 click features four zero-ohm SMD jumpers. The PWR SEL is used to select between 5V or 3.3V power supply, and three hardware ADDR SEL allows the user to select the device address.
- Expand 2 Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)