Expand 2 Click Board
The EXPAND 2 Click Board™ is an accessory board in mikroBUS form factor. It includes a 16-bit I/O expander MCP23017 with I°C clock speeds up to 10 MHz for higher throughput applications.
- Based on the MCP23017
- 16-bit input/output port expander with interrupt output
- Allow cascading up to 8 devices on one bus
- Configurable interrupt source
- 16 GPIO pins divided into two 8-bit ports
- Selectable hardware address using SMD jumpers
- Can be used on 3.3V or 5V systems
- I2C clock speeds: 100 kHz, 400 kHz, or 1.7 MHz
- Easy integration
- RoHS Compliant
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: MCP23017 Port Expander
MCP23017 is a 16-bit remote bidirectional I/O port expander with configurable interrupt output pins. The 16 I/O port bits are divided into two 8-bit ports (marked HD1 and HD2). It has I2C clock speeds of 100 kHz, 400 kHz, or 1.7 MHz for higher throughput applications.
Expand 2 Click Vs Expand Click Board™
Expand 2 Click is introduced as the sequel to the original Expand Click. Expand 2 Click uses MCP23017 expander whereas the original version includes the MCP23S17 chip. The only feature that differentiates these two versions is the use of I2C communication interface, instead of SPI.
SMD JumpersExpand 2 Click features four zero-ohm SMD jumpers. The PWR SEL is used to select between 5V or 3.3V power supply, and three hardware ADDR SEL allows the user to select the device address.
- Expand 2 Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)