Fan Click Board
The Fan Click Board carries an EMC2301 controller for powering and regulating the operation of 5V four-wire fans, which are commonly utilized as coolers in computers and other electronics.
- Based on the EMC2301 fan controller
- 4-wire fan compatible
- Fan spin up control and ramp rate control
- Optional detection of aging fans
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
- Supports PWM speeds from 9.5 Hz to 29 KHz
- High accuracy (1% in 500-16k RPM range)
- Alert on fan stall
- RPM-based fan control algorithm
- SMBus 2.0 compliant
- CLK Pin can provide a clock source output
- Uses a 3.3V or 5V power supply
IC/module: EMC2301 RPM-Based PWM Fan Controller
The EMC2301 module is a programmable fan control circuit designed for powering and regulating the operation of 5V four-wire fans. Controlled by a programmable frequency PWM driver and Fan Speed Control algorithm, it operates in either a closed loop fashion or as a directly PWM-controlled device. It has the capability to detect aging fans and alert the system. It is an ideal option for optimal performance in large distributed systems.
RPM-based Fan Speed Control Algorithm (FSC)
Fan click includes a manually controlled RPM-based Fan Speed Control Algorithm. The FSC algorithm automatically approaches and maintains the system's required fan speed using Proportional, Integral, and Derivative terms. It provides accuracy directly proportional to the accuracy of the clock source.
Power Supply Selection
Fan click is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only. However, the pins on the board are both 3.3V and 5V tolerant, and hence, it can use both logic levels. .
- Fan Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)