FTDI Click Board
The MikroE FTDI Click Board is a communication accessory board that includes FT2232H IC, a dual high speed USB to UART, I2C, SPI, and JTAG interface. It enables the user to connect PC and MCU applications using the preferred communication protocol. What makes this click board ideal for a variety of USB applications like smart card readers, instrumentation, industrial control, etc.
- Based on FT2232H
- Single chip USB to dual channel UART, SPI, I2C and JTAG interface
- Entire USB protocol handled on the FT2232H chip
- Easy integration to mikroBUS form factor
- Communication via mikroBUS SPI, I2C, UART, RST, PWM, AN and INT lines
- Compact package
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- Plug-and-play pinout standard
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: FT2232H IC
FT2232H is a hi-speed dual USB UART/FIFO IC that belongs to FTDI's 5th generation of USB devices. This chip can be easily configured in different industry standard serial or parallel interfaces. It features two multi-protocol synchronous serial engines (MPSSEs) for simultaneous communication using JTAG, I2C and SPI interfaces on two channels.
Depending on the position of the J1, J2 and J3, FTDI click communicates with the target microcontroller. The SMD jumpers allow the user to select I2C or UART communication interface (in UART position by default).
Ideal Choice for USB Applications
In FDTI click, as the entire USB protocol is handled on the FT2232H chip. The chip does not require any specific USB firmware programming, which makes it a favourable choice for a range of USB applications, including digital camera interface, MP3 player interface, smart card readers, etc.
- FDTI Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!