GSM 2 Click Board
The GSM 2 Click Board™ from MikroE is introduced as a new and improved solution for adding GSM/GPRS communication layer to your design. One of the most popular Click Board™s from MikroElektronika, GSM2 Click Board™ is ideal for wireless mobile connectivity.
- Based on the Quectel M95 FA GSM/GPRS module
- Supports GSM/GPRS protocol stack
- Supports internet service protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, FTP and PPP
- Supports GSM850MHz, GSM900MHz, DCS1800MHz or PCS1900MHz frequencies
- 85.6 kbps GPRS data transfer
- On-board SMA connector
- Integrated SIM card slot on the bottom side of the board
- 3.5mm quadruple earphone/microphone jack
- Compact design
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
IC Module: Quectel M95 FA
Quectel M95 FA is the smallest Quaternary band GSM/GPRS modules in LCC consolidation. It is a Class B GPRS Mobile Station functioning in the Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz. The Quectel M95 FA extends integrated TCP/IP protocol stack, serial multiplexer and enhanced AT commands ensure fast and definitive data and voice transmission. The important features of the module are its extremely small size and low power consumption. In addition to this, jamming detection is also possible with M95 module usage. These features make it cost-effective and even more applicable.
Quad-band GSM/GPRS module
The Quectel M95 GSM/GPRS module in the GSM2 Click is completely compatible with GSM Click Board™. The only improvement is the addition of a new firmware (FA version). It supports four different frequency bands (GSM850MHz, GSM900MHz, DCS1800MHz or PCS1900MHz frequencies) and is used for basic service almost anywhere in the world.
The GSM 2 Click Board™ includes one zero-ohm J1 SMD jumper that allows the user to choose between a 3.3V and 5V I/O voltage level. However, the module requires a 5V power supply in both cases regardless of the logic level.
- GSM2 Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)