Heart Rate Click Board
The Heart Rate Click Board™ is based on the Maxim MAX30100 integrated pulse oximetry and heart-rate sensor.
It's an optical sensor that derives its readings from emitting two wavelengths of light from two LEDs.
- Based on the MAX30100 Pulse oximetry and heart rate optical sensor
- Measures absorbance of pulsing blood
- Motion artefact resilience
- Ambient light cancellation
- SPI communication interface
- IR and red LEDs
- I2C interface plus INT pin
- Uses a 3.3V power supply
- Ultra-low-power operation
- Operates from 1.8V and 3.3V power supplies
IC/Module: MAX30100 Pulse Oximeter and Heart-Rate Sensor IC
MAX30100 is a fully integrated pulse oximetry and heart-rate monitor sensor solution that includes two LEDs, a photodetector, optimized optics, and low-noise analog signal processing. It provides ultra-low power operation with negligible standby current.
The optical sensor, MAX30100 incorporates ambient light cancellation and motion artefact resilience, however, excess motion and temperature variations can impact it negatively. It is important to ensure application of the right amount of pressure with the finger as excessive pressure can constrict capillary blood flow, and therefore damage the actual readings.
Note: Using a finger is just one of the possible approaches to read oximeter and heart rate data.More heart rate sensing solutions are also available.
- Heart Rate Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)