Introduce RS232 connectivity to the device using the highly-economic MAX232 Board. It is an interface add-on board designed to connect the built-in MAX232 circuit to a prototype board. An essential for establishing RS232 communication, the MAX232 chip is a dual driver/receiver that includes a capacitive voltage generator to supply TIA/EIA-232-F voltage levels. Each receiver converts TIA/EIA-232-F inputs 1.0-?
- Based on the Maxim MAX232N dual RS232 driver/receiver
- Operates at up to 128 Kbit/s
- Inexpensive solution for adding RS232 connectivity to your device
- Connection pads compatible with all standard prototyping boards: 2.54mm (0.1") spacing
- Low supply current: 8 mA
- Operates from a single 5V power supply
- Compact board design
- Includes a strip of male header
- Saves power for reduced power requirements
IC/Module: MAX232N Dual EIA-232 Drivers/Receivers
The integrated MAX232N is a dual EIA-232 driver/receiver that operates from a single 5-V power supply and converts a serial signal from TTL to RS232C standard and vice versa through a built-in voltage generator. The two RS232 drivers interface standard logic level to RS232 levels while the two receivers interface RS232 levels to standard logic levels. .
The MAX232 Board features two connectors: a female connector DB9 and a 6-pin connector. While the former enables connection with devices that use RS232 standard (typically a PC), the latter allows for connection with microcontroller pins intended for serial communication (USART). .
MAX232 Board User Manual
- MAX232 Board (1)
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!