Motion Sensor Board
Create interesting and compact devices to use in work and home using the Motion Sensor Board. This add-on board includes a passive infrared type movement sensor AMN11112, which detects changes in infrared spectrum when a person or object moves. This motion sensor features quad-type pyroelectric element, which makes it an ideal choice for small-movement detection applications. The sensor is protected with a plastic cap, which includes miniature lenses in order to boost sensor precision. In case some changes are detected in the infrared rays, the microcontroller.
- Based on the AMN11112 sensor which detects movement as changes in infrared spectrum
- Built-in amplifier for easy use
- Plastic cap features miniature lenses which boost sensor precision
- Detects even slight motion of a person or object
- Flexible solution suitable for all MCU architectures
- Noise withstanding capability
- Range up to 10 metres
- Ultra-small design ideal for miniature devices
- Compatible with both 3.3V and 5V systems
- Operating temperature range: - 20 C to + 60 C
- RoHS compliant
IC/Module: AMN11112 Passive Infrared Motion Sensor
AMN11112 is a digital output with 3V operating voltage, standard detection type, and white lens. This passive infrared type motion sensor detects even the slight changes in infrared spectrum that occur as a result of movement by a person or object, different in temperature from the surroundings. The sensor detects temperature differences, and thus the motion of the object. The ultra-compact design makes it ideal for use in miniaturized devices.
Pyroelectric Effect Based Infrared Sensor
The Motion Sensor Board provides movement detection with its sensor's quad-type pyroelectric element. This pyroelectric nature of the sensor recognizes temperature variations, which enable detection of even the slightest movement in the infrared spectrum range (10 m). On movement detection, the sensor outputs a logic 1.
Motion Sensor Board User Manual
- Motion Sensor Board (1)