The NanoScope is a powerful DMX512/RDM, battery powered tester, built into a 5-pin XLR connector.
In 'Pixel Mode', nanoScope simply displays the first three DMX channels as an RGB mix. This allows NanoScope to be used as a pixel mimic to provide confidence that the expected data is on the cable.
In 'Analysis Mode', nanoScope displays a sequence of coloured blips, that represent different attributes of the DMX512 signal. The sequence comprises one long blip followed by a train of short blips.
- Simple DMX512 and RDM Tester
- Easy to read multicolour LED indicator
- Built-in 5-Pin XLR connector
- Supports Protocols DMX512, DMX512 (1990), DMX512-A, RDM
- Powered by 2 x AAA batteries (included)
- Hook to your tool belt with included carabiner
A recessed slide-switch is mounted into the end of the nanoScope. This is used as a power on/off switch and to select Pixel and Analysis modes.
In 'Pixel Mode', NanoScope simply displays the first three DMX channels as an RGB mix. This allows NanoScope to be used as a pixel mimic to provide confidence that the expected data is on the cable.
In 'Analysis Mode', NanoScope displays a sequence of coloured blips, that represent different attributes of the DMX512 signal. The sequence comprises one long blip followed by a train of short blips:.
The long blip will be either green or red to indicate overall good or bad data respectively.
The train of short blips can contain: .
- Orange: Break Length out of range, less than 88uS (an error)
- Magenta: Mark After Break (MaB), less than 8uS (an error)
- Yellow: Framing error (an error but does occur legitimately during RDM discovery)
- Red: RDM data format wrong (an error)
- Pink: Packet too long, contains more than 512 channels (an error)
- Cyan: Less than 512 channels in data (informational)
- Warm White: Non-Zero start codes (excluding RDM) detected (usually informational but can be an error)
- Green: RDM detected in data (informational)
- Mint: RDM draft detected in data (informational)UV Blue: RDM responses detected (informational)
- Ice Blue: DMX Test Packets detected (informational)
If you need to monitor the DMX512 channel in more detail, we recommend you consider the Micro-Scope-3a.
- nanoScope (1)
- AAA Batteries (2)
- Quick Start Guide (1)
- Carabiner (1)
If you've already bought this product, please sign in and add your own review!