Pressure Click Board
Introducing a pressure measurement solution to your design with the MikroE Pressure Click Board! This click board includes an ultra-compact absolute piezoresistive pressure sensor.
- Based on the LPS331AP digital output pressure sensor
- SPI and I2C interfaces
- Absolute pressure range: 260 to 1260 mbar
- Low power consumption
- Embedded 24-bit ADC
- High overpressure capability: 20x full scale
- High-resolution mode: 0.020 mbar RMS
- 3.3V power supply only
- Lead-free compliant
- Compact design with silk screen markings
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
LPS331AP is a digital output pressure sensor offered in an ultra-compact holed cap land grid array package. Designed to measure pressure or temperature, this chip features a monolithic sensing element that detects pressure while an IC interface that takes information from the sensing element and provide a digital signal to the external world. .
Manufacturing Process: VENSENS
Intended to detect pressure, LPS331AP pressure sensor is manufactured using a specific proprietary process called VENSENS. It allows to build a mono-silicon membrane above an air cavity with controlled gap and defined pressure. Compared to traditional silicon micromachined membranes, this membrane is very small. Intrinsic mechanical stoppers prevent membrane breakage.
SMD JumpersDepending on the position of four jumpers,
- Pressure Click Module (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)