Proximity Click Board
The Proximity Click Board™ is a compact accessory board that allows user to introduce proximity sensor functionality to the device. It features a surface mount, fully integrated proximity and ambient light sensor, VCNL4010.
- Integrated IR emitter, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and signal-conditioning IC
- No mechanical barriers are required to optically isolate the emitter from the detector
- Interrupt function
- Proximity measurement with a range of up to 20cm
- Low stand-by current consumption: 1.5
- 16-bit resolution
- I2C communication interface
- Compact, surface mount package design
- Use a 3.3V power supply
- 3.3V or 5V I/O voltage levels
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: VCNL4010 Proximity and Ambient Light Sensor
VCNL4010 is a proximity and ambient light sensor that allows user to control devices without physical contact within a range of 20cm. Along with an interrupt function, VCNL4010 includes an integrated infrared emitter and signal conditioning IC.
Ambient Light Function
Proximity Click has a built-in ambient light photo-pin-diode with close-to-human-eye sensitivity. It features 16 bit dynamic range from 0.25 lx to 16 klx as well as 100 Hz and 120 Hz flicker noise rejection.
Proximity Click includes an integrated infrared emitter & photo-pin-diode for proximity function. With 16-bit effective resolution for proximity detection range, it guarantees outstanding cross-talk immunity. It allows proximity measurement up to a distance of 200mm. It also exhibits superior ambient light suppression by signal modulation.
- Proximity Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)