RTC 2 Board
The RTC 2 Board is an add-on board featuring a low-power DS1307 serial real-time clock (RTC) that enables the microcontroller to keep the real time and date including corrections for a leap year and months with less than 31 days. The DS1307 aboard the RTC2 board is full binary-coded decimal (BCD) clock/calendar with 56 bytes of NV SRAM. The board has integrated power-sense circuit that detects power failures and automatically switches to the backup supply. The board has a female IDC10 connector to plug it into a development system. The RTC2 Board uses the serial I2C interface for communication to the microcontroller. There two options for location of the SCL and SDA pins; their position can be changed by soldering an SMD jumper. It works as extension of existing development boards in applications where real-time data is required. It is designed to operate using a 5V power supply only.
The RTC2 Board is an ideal choice for applications that involves use of real-time clocks, calendars, and programmed alarms.
- Based on the DS1307 real-time clock chip
- Real-Time Clock (RTC) counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date of the Month, Month, Day of the week, and Year with Leap-Year Clock function with four year calendar
- 56-Byte, battery-backed, general-purpose RAM with unlimited writes
- Suported by all mikroE Compilers
- Compatible with all mikroE development boards
- Programmable Square-Wave Output Signal
- Uses standard I2C interface
- Easy connection with peripheral devices using IDC10 connectors
- Compact design
- Industrial Temperature Range: -40
- Works with 5V power supply only
- RoHS compliant
IC/Module: DS1307 Serial Real-Time Clock (RTC)
DS1307 is a low-power, full binary-coded decimal clock/calendar plus 56 bytes of NV SRAM. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. The end of the month can be adjusted automatically for months fewer than 31 days, including corrections for leap year. It features a backup power supply that continues the timekeeping operation even when the power supply goes off.
RTC 2 Board User Manual
- RTC 2 Board (1)