RTC 2 Click Board™
Introduce real time clock (RTC) functionality to the design using the RTC 2 Click Board™. This add-on board features a low-power Maxim DS1307 serial real-time clock (RTC). It is a full binary-coded decimal (BCD) clock/calendar with programmable square-wave output signal. The board uses standard I2C interface for communication with the target host microcontroller. RTC2 Click Board™ has a 3V/230mA lithium battery that works as a backup power supply. The timekeeping function continues even when the power supply status is OFF. Real-Time Clock (RTC) counts seconds, minutes, hours, date of the month, month, day of the week, and year with leap-year clock function with four year calendar. It is designed to operate a 5V power supply only. In order to function to a 3.3V system, the user can check go for RTC Click Board™.
The RTC2 Click Board™ is an ideal option who applications involving real-time clocks, calendars, and programmed alarms.
- Based on the DS1307 Real Time Click device
- Completely manages all timekeeping functions
- Simple serial port interfaces to most microcontrollers
- Low power operation extends battery backup run time
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
- Programmable square-wave output signal
- Compact package
- I2C bidirectional bus
- Battery-backed (3V/230mA lithium battery)
- Operating temperature range: -40
- Uses a 5V power supply only
- RoHS compliant
IC/module: DS1307 Serial Real-Time Clock
DS1307 is a full binary-coded decimal (BCD) clock/calendar plus 56 bytes of NV SRAM. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. The clock is designed to operate in either the 24-hour or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator. It detects power failures and automatically switches to the backup supply. It completely manages all timekeeping functions.
Note: The RTC2 Click is intended to be used with a 5V power supply only. To use it a 3.3V system, the user can choose the other RTC Click Board™..
- RTC 2 Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)