Serial LCD/GLCD Adapter Board
If you need more pins, GLCD or character LCD for your applications than the Serial LCD/GLCD Adapter Board is the best choice. It is connected to an LCD/GLCD via the on-board MCP23S17 serial port expander that uses SPI communication.
- Based on the MCP23S17 fast 16-bit I/O expander with a standard SPI communication interface
- Cascadable for up to 8 devices on one bus
- IDC10 connector enables easy connection with peripheral devices
- Compatible with all mikroE development boards
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
- GLCD/LCD contrast potentiometer on-board
- Flat cable with IDC10 female header connector
- 25 mA sink/source capability per I/O
- Supports up to 10 MHz SPI clock speeds
- Uses a 5V power supply only
IC/Module: MCP23S17 16-bit Bidirectional I/O Port
MCP23S17 is a 16-bit remote bidirectional I/O port featuring SPI clock speeds up to 10 MHz for higher-throughput applications. It comprises of multiple 8-bit configuration registers for input, output and polarity selection. The 16-bit I/O port functionality consists of two 8-bit ports: PORTA and PORTB. It has two interrupt pins (INTA and INTB) that can be connected with their individual ports, or can be logically OR'ed together in order to activate the pins in case either port triggers an interrupt.
- Serial LCD/GLCD Adapter Board (1)