PCIe Test Backplane
The SKU-015-01 PCIe Test Backplane by Amfeltec is designed to expand the x1 PCI Express interface of the host computer into one x4 and three x1 PCI Express slots for production, testing and debugging purposes. This test backplane allows you to test up to 4 PCI boards at the same time, along with facilitating easy access to logic signals, providing hot-swap compatibility and protecting each slot from over-current. As it gives access to the PCI bus JTAG signals, this backplane can be used as a universal device that helps in support programming/loading FPGA/CPLD during production testing.
Moreover, an oscilloscope or a logic analyser can be connected to the PCI bus debug connector to verifying the PCI signals.
- Connects to the host computer via standard CAT6 cable and PCI Express host board
- Four PCI Express slots are provided (one x4 and three x1 slots)
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation
- Compliant with PCI Express 1.1 specification
- Supports hot-swap operation
- Per-slot power monitoring, and over-current protection
- Per-slot access to the PCI bus JTAG Boundary Scan signals to support board level testing/programming
- Supports Amfeltec In-Circuit Programmer/Loader (eLoaderÃ¢â€žÂ¢)
- Powered by standard ATX power supply
- Mounting holes based on ATX Specification 2.0
- Mechanical stabilisation for add-in PCI Express boards to facilitate bracket-less mount (US Patent 7,255,570)
- Operating temperature: 0Ã‚Â°C to +75Ã‚Â°C
- Dimensions (W x D): 200mm x 195mm
- RoHS compliant
The Amfeltec PCI Express Test Backplane is designed to allow developers to produce, test and debug PCI-based peripheral boards with a host computer. This backplane expands the existing PCI slot of the host motherboard into four slots (3 slots with x1 PCI Express connectors and one x4 PCI Express connector) for devices to be tested. The PCI express host board connects to the PCI Express slot of the motherboard and the backplane connects to the host board with the help of a standard CAT6 cable and a 10 wires flat cable. This PCI Test Backplane prevents any damage to the host computer during programming, debugging and testing process while allowing you to keep the host computer away from the testing area to free up space.
With four independent hot-swap power controllers, this test backplane allows you to shut down the power of each of the PCI Express slots in case of over-current or under voltage condition. This protects the devices under test from damage caused by power shortage. All the slots have additional auxiliary power connector (GND, +12 Volts and +3.3 Volts) that can be used to power external test devices connected to the backplane. The SW1 is a local power switch, provided on the board, gives control over all power-controllers and can be used to power down local interfaces without affecting the operation of the host computer. This feature allows you to easily replace PCI/PCI express cards, saving a significant amount of time.
The four JTAG connectors provided on the PCI Backplane provide easy access to the PCI bus JTAG signals via an external programmer/emulator. These connectors allow you to run JTAG production tests, use the JTAG emulator debugging of devices under test, and/or use Amfeltec In-Circuit Programmer/Loader to program/load CPLD/FPGA/MCPU on the test unit during production or debugging cycle.
Surface mounted LEDs provided on the backplane indicate main power status (+12V, +3.3V, +5VSB), power controller status for each PCI slot (Power ON/OFF, power GOOD/FAIL) and the upstream PCI express connection status. A debug connector is provided will all PCI signals, which aids in probing or connecting the signals to a logic analyzer.
Amfeltec Test Backplanes
- PCI Express Test Backplane (1)
- x1 PCI Express host card (1)
- 2.1m (7 ft) CAT6 cable (1)
- 2.1m (7 ft) flat control cable (1)
- Live-insertion software under Windows/Linux/FreeBSD OS
- User manual (1)