2-Way x1 PCIe to x1 PCIe Splitter (Ext)
The Amfeltec SKU-042-06 is a flexible 4-way PCIe splitter, used to expand the motherboards used in modern computers. This splitter allows connection of up to 2 PCI Express boards (x1) to the motherboard
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation
- Splits your upstream x4 / x8 / x16 PCI Express bus into up to 2 downstream x1 / x4 / x16 PCI Express buses
- Easy placement of all downstream PCI Express add-in boards inside your embedded chassis
- Allows one x4, x8, or x16 slot to be expanded with up to two x1, x4, or x16 PCI Express slots
- Flexible 304mm (12") connection between your x4 PCI Express host board and the two downstream add-in boards
- Retention of PCI Express host board without using bracket (US Patent 7,850,475)
- LEDs for displaying downstream and upstream PCI Express link status
- LEDs for displaying PCI Express add-in boards
- Compliant with PCI express specification
- Powered from an external 12V power supply
- RoHS compliant
The Amfeltec SKU-042-06 is a flexible x4 PCI Express 4-Way Splitter that is used for expanding the motherboard of a computer system. This splitter converts the standard x4, x8, or x16 PCI Express motherboard slot up-to 2 independent x1 PCI Express slots.
It comes with one x4 PCI Express Host card, two x1 PCI Express adapter boards, and two 304mm (12") Flex PCI Express cables. The adapter boards connect to the main host board via Flex PCI Express cables. The expansion PCI Express add-in boards have to be plugged into the standard x1 PCI Express female connectors on the x1 PCI Express adapter boards. The versatile nature of the connection allows positioning of PCI Express add-in boards away from the splitter.
This PCI Express Splitter system is powered by an external 12V PSU.
The mounting holes provided on the x1 PCI Express adapter boards allow them to be securely fixed inside a computer chassis. Apart from this, the x1 PCI Express adapter boards come with two support tabs that provide mechanical stabilization for expansion add-in boards (US Patent 7,255,570). To keep the PCI Express Host card securely inside a computer chassis, you can use a full-size bracket or the unique PCI Express add-in card Retainer (Patent Granted) that solves the same purpose without using the bracket.
- SKU-042-06 PCIe Splitter (1)