4-Way GPU x4 PCIe to x16 PCIe Splitter (Ext)
The Amfeltec SKU-042-43 is a flexible 4-way GPU-targeted PCIe splitter, used to expand the motherboards used in modern computers. This splitter allows connection of up to 4 PCI Express boards (x16) to the motherboard
- Expands one x4 PCIe slot with up to four GPUs (Graphics Processing Units)
- Splits your upstream (motherboard's) x4 / x8 / x16 PCI Express bus into four downstream x16 PCI Express buses
- Flexible connection between motherboard's PCIe slot and the four x16 PCIe slots
- Retention of PCI Express host board is done without using a bracket (US Patent 7,850,475)
- Plug-and-Play installation with no software drivers
- LEDs to display downstream and upstream PCI Express link status
- LEDs display the GPU`s Ã¢â‚¬Å“PRESENTÃ¢â‚¬Â status
- Compliant with PCI express specification
- Powered from an external 12V power supply
The SKU-042-43 is a flexible x16 PCI Express 4-Way Splitter that is used for expanding the motherboard of a computer system. This splitter converts the standard x4, x8, or x16 PCI Express motherboard slot up-to 4 independent x16 PCI Express slots. It comes with one x16 PCI Express Host card, four x16 PCI Express adapter boards, and four 12" Flex PCI Express cables. The adapter boards connect to the main host board via Flex PCI Express cables. The expansion PCI Express add-in boards have to be plugged into the standard x16 PCI Express female connectors on the PCI Express adapter boards. The versatile nature of the connection allows positioning of PCI Express add-in boards away from the splitter.
This PCI Express Splitter system is powered by a external 12V PSU.
The mounting holes provided on the x16 PCI Express adapter boards allow them to be securely fixed inside a computer chassis. Apart from this, the x16 PCI Express adapter boards come with two support tabs that provide mechanical stabilization for expansion add-in boards (US Patent 7,255,570). To keep the PCI Express Host card securely inside a computer chassis, you can use a full size bracket or the unique PCI Express add-in card Retainer (Patent Granted) that solves the same purpose without using the bracket..
- x4 PCIe Splitter host board (1)
- x16 PCIe Adapter Boards (4)
- PCIe Flexible Cables (4)