MiniPCI to Full MiniPCIe Adapter (Host)
The Amfeltec SKU-054-01 is a flexible adapter used to converts the standard MiniPCI bus of a motherboard into MiniPCI Express Bus. This is achieved by connecting the MiniPCI Express expansion add-in board to the standard 124-pin MiniPCI connector provided on the motherboard. This adapter set comes with a MiniPCI host board, Full-height MiniPCI Express Adapter board, and 304mm (12") flat PCI Express cable.
The adapter is powered from the motherboard via the MiniPCI Host Board.
- Converts MiniPCI bus into MiniPCI Express bus
- Plug and Play installation
- Flexible 304mm (12") connection between MiniPCI host board and downstream MiniPCI Express adapter board
- Easy placement inside an embedded chassis
- Compliant with MiniPCI Express specification (Version 1.1)
- Compliant with MiniPCI specification (Version 1.0)
- LED for displaying downstream PCI Express link status
- Adapter powered from the motherboard via the MiniPCI Host board
- RoHS compliant
The SKU-054-01 MiniPCI to MiniPCI Express Bus Adapter is designed to expand a modern motherboard and add a MiniPCI Express Bus to it. It converts the standard MiniPCI bus into MiniPCIe bus by allowing the connection of a standard MiniPCIe add-in board to any motherboard MiniPCI connector.
This set comes complete with one MiniPCI Host Card, one MiniPCI Express Adapter board, and one 304mm (12") PCI Express flexible cable. The MiniPCI Host Card is connected to the 126-pin MiniPCI of the host computer's motherboard. The MiniPCI Express adapter board is connected to the host board with the help of the Flat PCI Express cable and the expansion MiniPCI add-in board can be connected to the standard MiniPCI Express connector, provided on the MiniPCI Express adapter board.
The versatile nature of the connection allows positioning of the expansion MiniPCI Express add-in board away from the MiniPCI connector on the motherboard inside the computer chassis. The two mounting holes provided on the MiniPCI Express Adapter board allow it to be securely fixed inside a computer chassis.
Plug 'n' Play
One of the best features of this adapter is that it supports Plug-and-Play operation and works right out of the box without any software installation on the computer. The MiniPCI Host Card features surface-mounted LEDs that indicate the PCI express Link status and also display the "PRESENT" status of the expansion MiniPCI express add-in board.
The adapter is powered from the motherboard via the MiniPCI Host Adapter.
- MiniPCI host board (1)
- 304mm (12") PCI Express flat cable (1)
- MiniPCI Express adapter board (1)