2-Way MiniPCIe Gen2 Splitter (ATX)
The Amfeltec SKU-059-21 is a flexible Gen2 MiniPCI Express 2-Way Splitter used for expanding modern motherboards with the PCI Express interface. This splitter allows the connection of up to two MiniPCI Express add-in expansion boards to the standard motherboard MiniPCI Express connector. It comes with one MiniPCI Express Splitter Host card, two MiniPCI Express Adapter boards, and 2 PCI Express Flex cables..
The splitter is powered from a standard ATX power supply or an external 5V power supply.
- Splits upstream MiniPCI Express bus into 2 downstream MiniPCI Express buses
- Supports 5 Gbit/sec. upstream bandwidth (Gen2)
- Flexible 304mm (12") connection between MiniPCI Express host board and downstream MiniPCI Express adapter
- Easy placement of MiniPCI Express add-in board inside embedded chassis
- Retention PCI Express host board without using bracket (US Patent 7.850.475)
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation (No software needed)
- Compliant with MiniPCI Express specification (Version 2.0)
- Powered by a standard ATX Power Supply or an external 5V power supply.
The Amfeltec SKU-059-21 MiniPCIe Splitter is designed to connect two MiniPCI Express add-in boards to the MiniPCI Express connector of a computer's motherboard. This splitter comes with one MiniPCI Express Splitter Host card, two MiniPCI Express Adapter boards, and two 304mm (12") PCI Express Flex cables. The host board connects to the motherboard of the host computer and the adapter boards are connected to the host board with the help of PCI Express cables. The expansion MiniPCI Express add-in boards are connected to the MiniPCI Express Adapter boards at the standard MiniPCI Express connectors provided on the adapter boards.
The connection versatility of this splitter allows an easy connection of expansion MiniPCI Express add-in boards away from the from the MiniPCI Express Host board. The adapter boards come with two mounting holes that allow them to securely fit in a computer chassis.
Plug 'n' Play
One of the best features of this splitter is that it supports the Plug-and-Play operation and works right out of the box with any software installation in the computer. It comes with the surface-mounted LEDs indicate the Link status between MiniPCI Express Host card and MiniPCI Express Adapter boards, along with MiniPCI Express Adapter boards "PRESENT" status.
The MiniPCI Express add-in boards derive power through the MiniPCI Express connector provided on the adapter board. This adapter board features a standard 4-pin "Floppy drive" power connector that delivers 5V power from standard ATX power supply or 3.3V power from MiniPCI host card.
- MiniPCI Express host board (1)
- PCI Express flat cable (2)
- MiniPCI Express adapter board (2)