State Machine Matching Option
The Beagle 5000 Advanced State-based Matching Option provides developers with the ability to create complex, multi-state matches for either USB 3.0 or USB 2.0. When a match occurs, the match unit can have one or more defined actions such as trigger the capture, assert external output, filter out the matching data, or go to another state.
- Create a Complex State Machine to assist with focussing on specific issues
- Up to 8 non-sequential states can be defined. Many analysers do not have this feature
- Matches can include bus events, packet types, direction and packet data patterns
- Matches can also be set on timer events
- Events can be used to trigger a capture, assert an external output, filter data or go to another state
- Compatible with Beagle USB 5000 v2 USB 2.0 model
- Compatible with Beagle USB 5000 v2 SuperSpeed Standard Model
- Included with the Beagle USB 5000 v2 SuperSpeed Ultimate Model
Advanced State-Based Match/Action System
The advanced Match/Action system provides developers with the ability to create complex, multi-state matches for either USB 3.0 or USB 2.0. When a match occurs, the match unit can have one or more defined actions such as trigger the capture, assert external output, filter out the matching data, or go to another state.
The fundamental building block of the advanced match/action system is a match unit. There are different kinds of match units for USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 that serve different purposes. A USB 3.0 data match unit can match a specific packet type or packet data pattern in either the upstream or downstream direction. A USB 2.0 data match unit can match specific packet types and/or patterns with optional matching prefix (IN, OUT, or SETUP) and handshake (ACK, NAK, NYET, etc.) parameters. An event match unit can match bus events such as receiver termination, disable scrambling, digital input, etc. Lastly, a timer match will match after a set interval of time. Match units also have built in counters that can control when an action occurs. For more information about the match units, please refer to the Beagle user manual.
The advanced matching system provides the user with up to 8 states, with each state defining one or more match units. Unlike other analysers on the market, the states are non-sequential and can even be defined to go to itself. This flexibility allows the user to build a state machine to track the USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 behaviour with the Beagle USB 5000 v2 analyser. Additionally, the order of match units is significant because if multiple matches occur at the same time, priority is given to the action of the first match unit.
- Available for the Beagle USB 5000 v2 USB 2.0 model
(requires selection of the USB 3.0 Capture Upgrade)
- Available for the Beagle USB 5000 v2 SuperSpeed Standard model
- Fitted as standard for the Beagle USB 5000 v2 SuperSpeed Ultimate model
This option is fully field upgradeable - Once an order is placed for this option, you will receive a licence key to activate your new feature.
Purchases of any field upgradeable option are non-refundable.
- Licence key to enable facility on your Beagle USB 5000 v2 Analyser (1)