Stepper 2 Click Board
An improvement over its predecessor, the Stepper 2 Click Board™ from MikroE is another addition in the range of motor driver Click Board™s. Complete with an A4988 microstepping motor driver, Stepper 2 Click Board™ surpasses the original Stepper Click Board™ with an output drive capability of up to 35V and 2A.
Not just power, the new version is designed to offer user more control (precision). It can go down to 1/16th of a step to drive the motor. The board features three pairs of on-board screw terminals for secure connectivity. The first two (2B, 2A; 1A, 1B) are for connecting the motor while the third pair (VIN and GND) is for an external power supply (minimum 7V).
Stepper 2 Click Board™ is intended to operate bipolar stepper motors in full-, half-, quarter-, eighth-, and sixteenth-step modes. The user can select between the different stepping modes (steps and micro steps) using a set of three (J1-J3) on-board jumpers. Stepper 2 Click Board™ uses MikroBUS EN, RST, SL, ST and DIR pins to communicate with the target board microcontroller. It is designed to work with 3.3V power supply but is also compatible with 5V logic level.
- Based on the A4988
- Complete microstepping motor driver
- Maximum output drive capacity: 35 V and
- Five selectable step modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16
- Built-in translator
- Screw terminals for connecting to the motor and external power supply
- Jumpers for switching between different stepping modes
- 3.3V power supply
- Easy integration
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
IC/Module: A4988 Bipolar Stepper Motor
A4988 is a microstepping motor driver equipped with an embedded translator for easy operation. With an output drive capacity of up to 35 V and
- Stepper 2 Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)