TouchPad Click Board
Introduce an input device to the prototype using the Touchpad Click Board™ from MikroE. With a small form factor, this Click Board™ acts as a minimalistic capacitive touch input device powered by Microchip.
- Based on the MTCH6102 projected capacitive touch controller
- Supports a combination of taps, doubletaps, swipes and scrolling gestures
- I2C communication interface
- Operating conditions: 1.8V to 3.6V, -40
- Supported by all MikroElektronika compilers
- Multiple power saving modes
- Uses a 3.3V power supply
- Low power consumption
- Cover layer support
- Configurable sleep/idle frame rates
- 12-bit resolution coordinate reporting
- Multipurpose sensing capabilities
- RoHS compliant
IC/Module: MTCH6102 Capacitive Touch Controller
The MTCH6102 is a low-power projected capacitive touch controller that supports taps, doubletaps, swipes and scrolling gestures using up to 15 channels. It has a small capacitive surface covered with a thin matte plastic layer that demonstrates cover layer support. This cost-effective application provides a flexible touch-sensing solution to optimize common constraints of size, power and cost.
Communication Interface: I2C
Touchpad Click uses a standard register-based read/write I2C protocol, similar to many other devices such as temperature sensors and serial EEPROMs, for communication with the target board microcontroller. The sensor also provides an open-collector active-low Interrupt pin (INT) that will be asserted any time new data is available.
MTCH6102 aboard touchpad Click also includes power-saving features, such as a configurable sleep/idle frame rates, as well as a separate standby (<500nA) and active (<12 uA) mode.
- TouchPad Click Board (1)
- 1x8 male headers (2)
- Printed User Manual and Board Schematic (1)