TouchPanel Controller Proto
The TouchPanel Controller PROTO Board enables you to connect your prototype device to a Touch Panel. There is also a Touch Panel controller with a connector provided on the board.
- A 4-wire resistive analog touch panel controller
- Standard 0.1" pin pitch for use on prototyping breadboards
- Mounting holes for easy integration into your equipment
- Affordable solution
- Supported by all mikroElektronika compilers
- Clear silkscreen marking for easy interfacing
- Compact design
- Use a 5V power supply only
- RoHS compliant
Resistive Touch-Screen Concept
A resistive touch screen is fabricated with two transparent, flexible sheets coated with a conductive material stacked on top of each other, separated by an air gap. When pressure is applied by a finger or a stylus on the screen, the top layer makes contact with the lower layer. When a voltage is applied across one of the layers, a voltage divider is created. The coordinates of a touch can be found by applying a voltage across one layer in the Y-direction and reading the voltage created by the voltage divider to find the Y-coordinate, and then applying a voltage across the other layer in the X-direction and reading the voltage generated by the voltage divider to find the X-coordinate.
Board ConnectionsUsing a 1x6 connector CN1, the TouchPanel Controller PROTO can be connected to a port of the development system. On the other hand, the connection between a touch panel and the TouchPanel Controller PROTO is established using the connector CN2.
- TouchPanel Controller PROTO (1)