USB Charger board
Charge batteries directly from a USB port without requiring any additional electronics or costly adapters by using the USB Charger board. This compact-sized additional board serves as a fully-featured battery charger with an integrated MCP73832 highly advanced linear charge management controller. Along with its small-size, the board comes equipped with integrated pass transistor, integrated current sense, and reverse discharge protection, which makes the USB Charger board an ideal choice for portable applications. It can be easily integrated into the design, no matter it is a prototype or a final product. Simply plug-in the cable and get your batteries charged!.
The USB Charger board is designed to operate using a standard USB 5V power through its mini-USB connector. It makes a cost-effective solution for a fast battery charger and well-suited for a wide range of applications, including lithium-ion/lithium-polymer battery chargers, personal data assistants, cellular telephones, digital cameras, MP3 players, Bluetooth headsets, and USB chargers.
- Charge Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries from a USB interface
- Tiny 500 mA linear charge management controller
- Integrated pass transistor, integrated current sensing, and reverse-discharge protection
- Automatic power down functionality
- On-chip thermal regulation
- Open-drain status output
- Programmable charge current: 15 mA to 500 mA
- Mounting holes for simply integration
- Battery connector compatible with li-poly battery from MIKROE
- Temperature Range: -40
- Small footprint, compact design.
- Cost-effective solution
IC/Module: MCP73832 Single-Cell Charge Management Controller
The Microchip MCP73832 is a miniature, single-cell, fully-integrated Li-Ion/Li-Polymer charge management controller. This linear charge management controller employs a constant-current/constant-voltage charge algorithm with selectable preconditioning and charge termination. It offers thermal regulation that optimizes the charge cycle time and maintains the device reliability.
USB Charger Board Schematic
- USB Charger board (1)