USB Power Delivery Analyser
The Total Phase USB Power Delivery Analyser is a small adapter for recording the Power Delivery protocol traffic on the USB Type-C connector.
- Sniffing Power Delivery (PD) traffic on both Control Channel Lines (CC1/CC2)
- Message decoding, including power negotiation, alternate mode negotiation, VDM data display, etc.
- Capture and display PD 3.0 Extended Messages
- Decode DisplayPort VDMs
- Transparent interposing on a USB Type-C connection
The Total Phase USB Power Delivery Analyzer is a small adapter for recording the Power Delivery protocol traffic on the USB Type-C connector. It connects in-line between two Type-C products, and passively captures all communication between them, on both the CC1 and CC2 signals. While connected, it does not disturb any USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 2.0 signals, enabling capture of PD negotiation for power, USB data roles, and DisplayPort, or other Type-C Alternate Modes.
We worked closely with Google to bring this Chromium project design (code name "Twinkie") to market. The USB Power Delivery Analyser is manufactured in our own US-based, ISO9001 certified facility. The Total Phase USB Power Delivery Analyser goes beyond the original Twinkie design, offering improved firmware for use with our Data Center Software.
Data Center Software brings simultaneous capture and true real-time display and decoding of captured data. It runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Detailed technical information about the Total Phase Power Delivery Analyser can be found in the User Manual.
USB Power Delivery Board Data Sheet
- USB Power Delivery Analyser (1)
- 6 foot USB A to USB Micro-B cable (1)
- 6 inch Micro USB OTG Adaptor (Micro B male right-angle to Type A female) (1)
- 3 foot USB 2.0 Cable (Type A male to Type A male) (1)