USB UART Board
The USB UART Board is a prototype board that allows for connecting USB devices to the UART module built into a microcontroller. The board offers USB support with an integrated FT232R UART to USB serial converter that simplifies serial to USB designs while reducing the external component count. The board also includes an external EEPROM, USB termination resistors and a clock circuit requiring no external crystal. It performs serial data transfer through UART communication. USB UART Board supports both 3.3V and 5V power supply. A jumper allows for selection of VCC output level.
With such features, USB UART Board is an ideal choice for RS232 communication with hardware modems, printers, barcode readers, wireless applications, and various devices that use UART communication protocol.
- Based on the FT232R USB to UART converter
- Fully integrated 1024 bit EEPROM, USB termination resistors, clock generation with no external crysta
- Fitted with a Mini-USB connector, USB 2.0 Full Speed (12 Mbps)
- Uses 5V DC power supply voltage
- Affordable price
- Connection pads for all available pins
- Standard 2.54mm pin spacing
- Jumper for 3.3V/5V VCC output level selection
- 128 byte receive buffer and 256 byte transmit buffer
- Small footprint, compact design
- Extended operating temperature range: -40
- Low power consumption
IC/Module: FT232R Serial UART to USB Interface
The FT232R is a fully integrated serial UART to USB interface that reduces the external component count by including external EEPROM, clock circuit and USB resistors onto the device. This way, it also ensures further simplification of USB to serial designs. FT232R also features synchronous and asynchronous bit bang interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
Connectors and Jumpers
The USB UART Board utilizes the USB MINIB connector CN1 for connecting to USB devices. The 1x6 connector CN2 and 1x9 connector CN3 are used to establish connection with the microcontroller. On the other hand, the board features an on-board jumper J6 that allows selection of a logic level (3.3V or 5V), which is sent to the VCCIO pin on 1x6 connector CN2.
USB UART Board User Manual
- USB UART Board (1)